More from the Heronry – Skywatch Friday


great blue heron nest
After I dropped the grass clippings off at the recycling center yesterday evening, I decided to check on the heronry.  Some birds are still bringing sticks to finish off their nests.  The trees are starting to leaf out now which will make future viewing more difficult, but hopefully I’ll capture a fledgling’s head peeking out over the edge of the nest on one of my visits in the weeks to come. 

For more skies from around the world, check out the other Skywatch Friday entries by clicking on the badge below.
skywatch

Comments

Unknown said…
Fascinating!
Hey, have you been watching those baby owls from california? The first time I saw them I thought of you and I meant to email you the link. Do you know which ones I mean?
Lona said…
Hi Adrienne. How wonderful to be able to get close enough to them to photograph. There are quite a few at Lake Logan but I cannot get near them with my little lens. LOL! I hope you will be able to get some shots of the fledglings later on. Hope you are all doing fine.
Lona
Pat said…
Oh, what a cool shot! How exciting to be able to see baby herons in a few weeks!
Dagrun said…
Herons are quite extraordinary birds. A very good picture indeed!
Hi Adrienne: Those are neat shots of the herons, I so love to see them build and fly to the nests. Beautiful Ohio skies. Thanks so much for your comments.
How cool! great shot!
I've been reading through your posts here and on your other blog. The cutting of trees would make me nauseated, too. It pains me to see all the logging out West in places I don't even live near.
I keep your family in my heart.
eileeninmd said…
How cool to follow their progress. The GB Herons are wonderful birds to see.
Hi Adrienne, Aren't those Herons gorgeous???? I hope you do get to see one of the babies before they fly away.... SO CUTE!!!!

Keep going back ---and giving us updates.
Hugs,
Betsy
Diane AZ said…
Great image! Herons are so fascinating; I hope to see one "in person" someday. :)
heidiannie said…
Great shots, Adrienne!
One of my favorite authors described the blue heron this way; " ...its slender lines like a haiku inside feathers ".
James Lee Burke in "The Tin Roof Blowdown"
Linda said…
Great shot. That's a perfect 'coming in to land' capture!

Popular Posts