Merry Christmas!

I can hardly believe that it’s been over three months since I last posted.  I never even finished my Road Trip series, but that will have to wait.  After a sinus infection in August started a cascade of dental and facial infections, I am on Month 4 of antibiotics and still trying to heal.  Blogging has definitely taken a backseat with the exception of a few sneak peeks on the photography blog.  I am grateful for enough energy to have completed three sessions for three exceptional seniors.  The process of editing those images helped to hold back depression—I’m so thankful for this creative outlet!
And though I’m not up to blogging again just yet, I did want to pop in and wish everyone a Merry Christmas!  I hope to be catching up with all of you soon.
white christmas tree bokeh
There’s a fun holiday bokeh photo challenge at I Heart Faces.  A few years ago, I didn’t even know there was a word such as “bokeh,”  much less know what it meant. I am learning all the time.  To learn this technique, check out these tutorials here and here.
I shot this purposely out of focus to achieve the bokeh you see here—those creamy bubbles of light.  To do this, I filled the viewfinder frame with the Christmas tree and then turned my manual focus until the lights turned into bubbles.  Christmas is the perfect time to practice capturing this because of all the beautiful lights.  Ideally, I would have had something in the foreground to focus on, but everyone else was busily decorating gingerbread houses on Cookie Day.
I_Heart_Faces_noborder_125x100

Comments

Hi Adrienne, My love and prayers are with you and the kids. I know that this Christmas is going to be hard for you all...God Bless YOU.

I don't have to 'try' to get things out of focus.. It just happens... ha ha

Hugs,
Betsy
Alisa said…
Adrienne I have been thinking about you and praying for you. I hope these antibiotics will clear you up!! I simply LOVE this photo! Thanks for sharing the tips, I have not tried this yet but what a great idea, I look forward to it :)
Snap said…
Merry Christmas, Adrienne ... Thinking or you and yours. Hope to *see* you back soon. Wishing you well.
Lona said…
Merry Christmas and God's Blessings to you and the family Adirenne.
Janice K said…
I like your sparkling tree!

I'm sorry to hear that you have been ill. Last year after both of my parents' died and had about 6 months in which I caught every germ that looked my way.

We have spent most of the last two months with my daughter and her family. She is ill and it is taking a long time for her to get back on her feet. The doctor assures her she will get better. We are hoping to go home for a couple of weeks after Christmas before we come back again.

Hope you a well soon, and may God bless you and your children during this Christmas time and in the new year....Janice
Deejbrown said…
I am not surprised at your struggle with infection--stress takes a terrible toll and our immune systems need time and rest and love and laughter to hold off the nasty bugs surrounding us all the time. (Not to mention the holiday traffic).

We missed you but it looks like you have not allowed feeling crummy to get in the way of learning about bokeh. Looking forward to more!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Diane
Anita Johnson said…
Beautiful, Adrienne! Merry Christmas to you and the kids. Praying for you and your family this Christmas season.
Pam D said…
Sweetest of friends... I love your bokeh. And I love your heart, too. You're in my prayers... I love you much! xoxox...
Kelly said…
Oh my gosh....you poor thing! Hope you are feeling better soon. I LOVE your photo. It's the perfect Christmas card!
Hi Adrienne,
I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. Have they done any testing to see why you are having trouble getting well? I just heard from my sister-in-law that repeated infections can be signs of other things wrong.
Kerri Farley said…
A Belated Merry Christmas to you my friend! Hope you are feeling better soon!!

Blessings for the New Year!!
Judy said…
So glad to see you again! Hope you are on the mend now!! I love this photo of the Christmas tree. I am not really in to bokeh yet, but I do admire it when others use it!

Popular Posts