Leila and the Teacup

It has been about a month ago now that I found this adorable oversized teacup planter while shopping with a friend.  I had just finished a newborn session and was thinking what a cute prop this would be for the next time.  When I got it home, I started thinking “Hmm, Leila is about the same size as an average newborn.  I should try photographing her inside it.”
Well, that turned out to be a lot easier said than done!  I mean really, what was I thinking?  Cats do only what they want, and only when they decide they want to do it.  The first time I tried, she jumped out and hid under the table.
I put all her favorite toys down in the bottom thinking she might step in to get them out.  Nope.  She just sniffed them as if to say, “I didn’t really want those anyway.” cat inspects giant teacupNext, I tried luring her inside using her favorite piece of string.  The kids and I often joke that we could walk Leila around the neighborhood with just this piece of string.  She will follow us till she runs out of breath from the chasing. cat next to giant teacup She pretended it wasn’t in the teacup.  himalayan catI was lamenting her refusal on my Facebook status and a friend suggested using some catnip.  Great idea!  The next day, I sprinkled some around the base and then around the rim.  And when I thought she was relaxed enough, I lifted her up and placed her down inside.  It worked! 
 cat sitting in giant teacup
Oh, how I love this cat!

Camera_Critters_Post_Header2a
It’s been a while since I joined in on the Camera Critters fun.  Click on the badge above to see more great animal photos.

Comments

Unknown said…
Oh my goodness Adrienne! She is SO beautiful! I have to send you a message right this second about her! I am coming to facebook!
heidiannie said…
She is beautiful and that is a great picture prop!
Now you need a giant teapot!
jescandlon said…
She is beyond CUTE!
Anonymous said…
I like the picture of her IN the teacup (and that, my friend, is "victory" in picture form right there!), but I really love all of the others, too. Especially with the story that goes along with them. You can lead a cat to a teacup, but you can't MAKE her jump in... (without catnip, that is). I love it!
Unknown said…
How adorable is she? I love the perspective this gives! Either she is really tiny looking or this teacup is huge! Love this so much !
Adrienne Zwart said…
Amy, she really is a small cat. Just slightly over 7 pounds. But you are right about the perspective--I love the whimsical feel of it.
What a gorgeous kitty, Adrienne.... Love that last picture especially.
Hugs,
Betsy
Lona said…
Hi Andrienne. How how sweet is that picture. That cup makes a wonderful prop. What a cute kitten.
Laura said…
Yeah!!! I'm so very happy to see that the catnip worked! And what great pictures!!! You are so very talented, Adrienne!
Andrea said…
Love it! Great picture! You are very talented!
Anita Johnson said…
Such a great prop and the cat is beautiful! I bet I could get my little dog in there too!
Janice K said…
That is one BIG cup!!! And all the pictures are cute. She is such a pretty kitty.

Have a great Saturday!
Anonymous said…
How adorable! Love that last shot.
Chubskulit Rose said…
how gorgeous lol!

My Camera Critter post, have a nice weekend.
Snap said…
Leila is wonderful! Such fun you had! Tea cups and kitties ... two of my favorite things!
Dubster said…
This post put smile on my face, a teacup and den hehee
Deejbrown said…
This is adorable and fit for a greeting card! Glad your patience won out!
Jenn Jilks said…
You must be so happy! What a chore! Good shot at it all!
A perfect sequence to show us your perfect cat-in-cup shot. I love it.
Can't imagine how to get my german shepherd to do this!
Rosie
3rd Little Pig said…
she's absolutely adorable!!!
eileeninmd said…
Leila is a beauty! I love that last shot it is just adorable.
We love LUNA said…
Sweet Adrianne!
I understand your heart, your love for this cute friend.She is soooo ADORABLE, a doll!
I'm in love for the last picture, it's a perfect postcard!
Thanks for this special post!
purrs and a blessed week ahead,
Luna
Tracy said…
Adrienne,
I saw your name on Betsy's blog and of course, being an Ohio girl, I had to come and check you out!
I love the kitty in the cup; very cute and while it took awhile for her to get there, she eventually did :)
LOL! Catnip sure is captivating for kitties! Leila is a gorgeous cat! Love your teacup photos!
Leila is too cute...the last pic is purrrfect :)

Thanks for dropping by Adrienne, have a great week...
Kerri Farley said…
Oh my .... this is FANTASTIC!! WOW! a little catnip works every time :)
Bradley Hsi said…
She is absolutely adorable!!
Carletta said…
Hi Adrienne,
So glad you dropped by to visit! Your persistance paid off because this is the cutest shot!

I hope you are doing well.
Kelly said…
Haha! I LOVE it!! You're so creative...
Rose L said…
she is adorable. I was wondering what kind of camera you use as I am seekign a new one.
poetrose24@comcast.net

Here is my blog.
http://poetrose24.blogspot.com/
Linda said…
What a perfect shot.
That last one looks like it belongs on a cat calendar!
Judy said…
The result was certainly worth all the agravation!
Misty DawnS said…
I LOVE this! What a GORGEOUS cat!

Popular Posts