Celebrating Teens

I have really been looking forward to this week’s photo challenge at I ♥ Faces especially since I just did my first senior portrait session just over a week ago.  I made a deal with my friend to do her daughter’s pictures so I could practice, and hopefully she’d end up with some shots she really liked.
I can not even describe how much fun we had!
When I started thinking about locations, I remembered something April said when she was around 10 years old.  I had asked what she wanted to be when she grew up, and she answered, “I’m going to train horses, and marry a horse rancher.”    Her occupation ideas have changed over the years, as ideas often do, and I don’t know how her current beau feels about horses'.  But I still have this picture of her in my head.  There’s a stable near my house, so I told her to be sure to bring some cowboy boots along with her other changes of clothes.  This was my favorite shot of the day:
senior girl in cowboy hat - photo by Adrienne Zwart
I think the result was pretty great.  If I do say so myself  ;)



Comments

Isn't she PRECIOUS! What a gorgeous girl with a stunning smile. Love the fence background. GREAT work!
Unknown said…
This phoneAdrianne! It isgorgeous! Wow. So lovely! I imagine you had the beost time. I loved your post yesterdaow if my commentsy. I don't know if the comments are working via
I love the coloring of this pic
What a pretty smile! Love the colors!
Snap said…
Adrienne,
Well done. Great shot. I like the redecorating, too ... the dianthus are gorgeous!
Erika B said…
Really beautiful shot and a very pretty girl!

Erika B
Anonymous said…
I love this photo and the faded look to it.
Stacey Glenn said…
This is a GREAT shot. And congrats on your first senior session! I hope, no, I know there will be many more in your future!
Unknown said…
She is adorable. Great shot. Teen photo shoots are so much fun!
paige said…
Really nice! I love it.
Wow Adrienne, You have a gift.... I'm sure you'll start a great photography business!!!! April is a gorgeous gal --and you did a wonderful job.
Hugs,
Betsy
This is such a pretty shot. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking a peek at the picture I had posted.
Tori said…
Love her dimple~ very cute shot!
I am nervous - as I told my second son I would attempt his senior portraits this summer. Your post was an encouragement to me. You did a fabulous job with this photo! She is adorable and the photos shouts out personality!

I love the new look of your blog!. Of course I am partial to pink and green, so the colors were bound to please me.

I am afraid to change my template at Composition-Life, I probably should just jump in and do it - cause I know using my mac - my photo's are great on my monitor - but many folks have trouble seeing the whole shot on a PC's and with different display settings.
Misty DawnS said…
Adrienne!!! This shot is absolutely spectacular!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. You did outstanding.
Lona said…
Wow, Adrienne. That is such a beautiful picture. Such a great capture.
Your header picture is a beaut too.
Anonymous said…
Ummm, I disagree. It's not pretty great, sorry. It's ReALLY great! What a gorgeous smile; she looks perfect in her hat. And the post processing is spot-on... well done, Adrienne!
Amy said…
Such a sweet, genuine expression. Great shot!
Carletta said…
This is super!!
I've seen professional shots that weren't this good - honestly.
A really beautiful shot!

Popular Posts