Female Cardinal

female cardinal in poplar photo by Adrienne Zwart

CCbadge

Comments

Adrienne: Our state bird is certainly beautiful and you captured it so well.
Hootin Anni said…
BEEEEEEEEE uuuuu tiful!!!!

Mine's posted...come stop by if you can, and you'll need to scroll down below my Photo Hunt a bit...still same post, but scroll down to the 'critters' part.

HERE
Isn't she just gorgeous, Adrienne???? I took a picture of three Cardinals at my feeder today... Hope it came out.

Hugs,
Betsy
Juliana said…
Pretty shot

My entry this week : in HERE. I hope you have time to visit. Thanks
Janie said…
Great shot of a beautiful bird. Looks like she has her feathers puffed for warmth.
The leafless trees are quite handy for photos!
Anonymous said…
Great photo!
Beautiful sharp bird among the branches, very nice shot!

http://christinas365foton2009.blogspot.com/search/label/Camera-Critters
eileeninmd said…
Wonderful shot of the female Cardinal.
Snap said…
She is just beautiful! I had a couple stop by yesterday when the snow was over -- looking for a handout before the freeze (I guess).
Lona said…
Isn't she so pretty.Wonderful shot Adrienne.
Kim, USA said…
Oh that is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!


My Lifes Journey in Focus
Carletta said…
Excellent shot of her all puffed out!
Lovely shot Adrienne!
Carolyn Ford said…
Such a beautiful bird perfectly happy in the cold weather. Great capture.
Shelley said…
She is so precious! I have always loved the cardinal! (I use to have a feisty female one that would tap on the window when my birdfeeder was empty.)
beth said…
you must live in the middle of "beautiful" as these bird and squirrel photos are fabulous....

the mourning dove is my favorite as I just love those birds....
storyteller said…
Marvelous capture ;-)
Hugs and blessings,
Sooooo very beautiful...this is one great photo!!!
Kerri Farley said…
She's a beauty!!! Great catch!
She may not be as red as a male, but she sure has a beauty of her own!
Kelly said…
...such a beautiful photo and a sweet little cardinal! She looks like she's bracing for winter...
Bradley Hsi said…
What a magnificent bird, it must be cold out there already. Do they migrate to the South during the winter?
Coy Hill said…
Beautiful capture Adrienne. The muted colors of the female are just as beautiful as the bright flamboyant colors of the male.

Sorry to read of your loss. Losing a longtime pet is always difficult. Its been nearly a year since our old beagle passed and still sometimes I think I hear his lonesome howl :(
Unknown said…
One of my dreams is to capture a female cardinal with my lens. This is very nice!
Dot O said…
What a beautiful Mrs. Cardinal! I commented under your Onyx post. I am just trying to catch up with my blogging friends....
Misty DawnS said…
Gorgeous capture. I think the female Cardinals are just as beautiful as the males.

Popular Posts