Mourning Dove

mourning dove red maple photo by Adrienne Zwart

Comments

Martha said…
Quite an amazing photo. That background made me gasp at the beauty.
Aren't they gorgeous, Adrienne??? Love seeing him with that beautiful fall color in the background.

Hugs,
Betsy
Kelly said…
...such a beautiful photo with the blazing red leaves in the background! I always love these gentle birds...
Beautiful! I have a mourning dove couple who mate and start their babies out in my veggie garden every year. They sure startle easily, and I have trouble getting decent photos of them. Yours is awesome!
Lona said…
Adrienne that is such a beautiful shot with the bright leaves for a background.
Marc L. said…
Je me suis promené sur votre blog et j'ai passé un agréable moment.
Merci pour ces moments de partage.
Cordialement
Marc L.
France
Carletta said…
A beautiful shot!
That background makes this gorgeous!
I love to hear these little doves coo.
This shot....is a.m.a.z.i.n.g. !!!!
heidiannie said…
That is a wonderful view of such a modest bird. The vivid background is a perfect foil for his quiet colors.
Thanks for sharing this, Adrienne!
Valerie said…
I love photo's of mourning doves. There is just something about the smooth head, beak and body that makes them stand out in photographs.
Almost a 3D feel? Beautifully captured ... as usual!
Deejbrown said…
Birders call them "MoDo's" and eschew them but Mourning Doves are among my favorites for their subtle, smooth beauty and their innocence in this difficult world. This photo with the halo of scarlet around this bird is a meditation.
Misty DawnS said…
Adrienne, this is absolutely GORGEOUS! A truly spectacular image, my friend!
Adrienne: I looks like we both have been enjoying this bird, beautiful photo.
a gorgeous photo! All said in the above comments. I love listening to their calls.

Popular Posts