Kingsway Farm

It was supposed to be warm on Thursday.  Supposed to be.  I should know better…we do live in NE Ohio after all, where the running joke is “If you don’t like the weather, just wait five minutes.”  Well, we planned to take the kids to the pumpkin patch because it’s a family tradition every fall.  But between the rain and Jeff not feeling up to it, we were running out of days.
 boys feeding bunny photo by Adrienne Zwart
So we went to Kingsway Farm anyway on Thursday, and it was cold.  But kids don’t seem to mind the cold too much when they are doing something they really enjoy.  They had a great time riding the little train.  They enjoyed the petting farm area and then dutifully washed their hands.  (Henry couldn’t wait to wash his hands because one of the sheep slobbered on him.)  They played in the corn and crawled through the hay bale tunnel.
kingsway sheep calf
 kingsway chicken 3
There were several pens filled with fancy chickens.  I really like this fluffy white variety, but have no idea when it comes to chicken breeds. 
Frustrated by the cage wires, I was really wishing I could open the pen up for an unobstructed view.  Then I saw this little black chicken wandering around free near the rabbits. 
kingsway chicken
She would not hold still!  Every time I got her focused and snapped, she would move.  I have three shots very similar to this one!  LOL,  clearly I need to practice some more.  I was very pleased to find this colorful chicken contentedly sitting near the fence. 
kingsway chicken 2
I took some photos of the bunnies who have a little play yard of sorts next to their hutches.  Each one had a little shelter with food and water and their collars were clipped to a chain so they could get some exercise, but not run off.  This little albino one was my daughter’s favorite.
kingsway chicken bunny

 kingsway sheep
What fall traditions do you celebrate with your family?   If farm animals aren’t your “thing,”  just click the button below to visit Camera Critters.  There you can view all kinds of animal photos from all over the world.
CCbadge

Comments

Great pictures from the farm, Adrienne... What a nice alternative to the Pumpkin Patch... I'm sure the kids loved it.

Happy Halloween.
Hugs,
Betsy
Cezar and Léia said…
Hello dear Adrienne,
These little friends are cute!I loved all but that chicken is really adorable!My mommy loves the animals, she grow up on a little farm in Brazil.
Here in Luxembourg she is always trying to get some pictures around, mainly when she is walking in our neighbourhood , look for some beautiful critters to make new friends!
I also enjoyed a lot the previous post, just lovely!
Have a blessed Sunday, a cool Halloween and Happy Camera critters
purrs and love
Luna - We love Luna
Lona said…
Those are the cutest and fuzziest rabbits. You just want to hug them.
LOL. Don't you just hate it when you are trying so hard to get a shot and just when you snap it they have moved. I feel your pain ;-)
eileeninmd said…
I love all your petting zoo animals. Especially the white albino bunny. It is so pretty and looks so cuddly. Great critter photos.
storyteller said…
What a FUN post! I love all the farm animals but methinks that little white rabbit is my fav too. Thanks for the visit to Small Reflections earlier ;-)
Hugs and blessings,
We have the same saying about the weather in SW Ohio!
wonderful photos! The chicken slightly off-camera reminds me of the pictures I often get while trying to capture my cats. The fluffy white chicken is very interesting. The bunnies are very sweet. I love how you captured the personalities of all the animals.
Valerie said…
How, fun! Buffalo has the same saying about the weather too! Must be the north east, huh? I posted the same line the other day as well!
We didn't make it to the pumpkin farm either this year, my DH was commenting on that yesterday - that we never even got pumpkins. Of course, my sons are a bit older, but I think my youngest still enjoys carving them up. I may go out today, to see if I can find any and pick up some - just for the seeds. They all still enjoy baking those. I should probably get some pie pumpkins too before they are gone. I love to use the fresh for pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Do you get an extra hour too?
Adrienne: It is so much fun for the kids to touch the critters.
What a fun series of photos! I can't think of a fall tradition, but we took our grandson to the county fair this summer and saw some farm animals similar to those. I took some fancy chickens, rabbits and sheep in cage photos, too. I was planning on printing some to make a book out of for Grandson, but forgot to. I'll have to see if I can find them.
Carletta said…
This is an Ah..., after Ah...., after Ah... post!
Cute critters!!
I love that little furry eared rabbit too!
Linda said…
I've never seen such a brilliant white hen. In fact I've never seen such clean farm animals.

Sadly I realise that with one child away at university now and the other very busy with school work and music that we've skipped the autumn family traditions this year. I'm going to concentrate on Christmas, when son is home from university and we'll all be together again.

Popular Posts