I ♥ Faces – Halloween Dress-up Fun

image
It’s time for a bit of dress-up fun over at I ♥ Faces.  This photo is from a couple years ago when the kids asked me to make their costumes.  No sweat, I thought.  You can do a lot with a hooded sweatshirt and some felt.  I just basted everything on, and then when trick-or-treating was over, took off the ears and wings and tails.  They had fun, and I didn’t feel like I had wasted money on a costume they wouldn’t wear again.  (Ethan’s spider costume was a bit more involved, and he didn’t want me to take it apart to just have the shirt.  He still dresses up sometimes, so that was ok.  In fact, that’s what he wanted to wear last Halloween, too.)
kidsHalloween07
It’s a good thing my kids aren’t too picky about their costumes, because they definitely are not as fancy as store-bought costumes.  This year Halloween snuck up on me and I wasn’t sure how to quickly create Boba Fett and Jango Fett out of hoodies.  It just about killed me to spend money on the costumes, but they are so excited to dress up this weekend.  I’m looking forward to seeing all the neighborhood kids dressed up.

Comments

Oh my word - that spider costume is the cutest thing ever. You're such a good mom Adrienne! :)
Annette said…
I love homemade costumes. One year I was a spider, very similar to your son. I had a brand new baby who was in a front baby carrier that I wore. She was the fly. It was cuter than it sounds.
Jen said…
Great spider costumes!
I see you are from Ohio- what area? I am in NE Ohio... near Canton.
Lisa said…
I LOVE the spider costume!
How cute, Adrienne.. I love home-made costumes.. You did a great job!!!! BUT--I hope you will post their pictures for us in their costumes this year.

How's hubby?

Love and Prayers,
Betsy
They are very cute and are modeling their costumes well!
Unknown said…
Very cute. Homemade costumes are the best, I think. ;-)
Valerie said…
I loved the family pictures on the "Arthur Clan" website and when I was thinking of what to post this morning, I looked at the blowing trees, in a picture I took on Saturday and heard the blowing wind outside - the song "blowing in the wind" popped into my mind - and that led to all the questions we have about our lives and all the challenges so many are facing. And then your family came heavily to my mind.

I just wanted to let you know - you're in my heart this morning and will be in my thoughts and prayers thru-out the day.
Lona said…
I think people go to the extremes sometimes thinking they have to have these lavish costumes, etc. We use to just go in a mask or an old sheet.
They look so cute and will have fun and that is the main thing.
Love this capture! Love the black! Dressing up in fun no matter what you spend! I like the homemade costumes the best!

Great photo entry!
Unknown said…
Maybe not as fancy Adrienne but 100 times more adorable! I just love them! You are a wonderful Mommy!
Misty DawnS said…
LOVE it!!! I especially love the spider costume. Hey, I've been invited to a party this weekend, but I don't have a costume... you think you could come over? ;-)
Hope you are doing well, my friend.
Snap said…
How cute! Made with love really shows... Wonderful!
Linda said…
Very clever - LOVE the spider! Hallow'een isn't really big here at all. In fact it was reading your post just now that reminded me that it was Hallow'een - we've had no kids 'guising' as it's called, and in fact I forgot to buy any sweets...
Kelly said…
Oh...I love your costumes! You are very creative.... We are looking forward to tonight as well. The Swine seems to finally have run its course, and I'll be able to pass out the candy. I'm looking forward to all the little Trick or Treaters. Happy Halloween!
Linda said…
Duh - of course yesterday was Hallow'een, not Friday. Yes, I'm totally out of touch. (and in the event we only had 2 guisers).

Popular Posts