Ta-da! {Sand Sculpting in Escanaba, MI}

Every summer for the past seven years, the kids go to Wisconsin to spend a week with their grandparents.  Camp G+G, they call it. :) 
The last two trips, I’ve decided to go the “long way” around Lake Michigan and through the U.P.  It’s so much prettier and infinitely less stressful than driving through Chicago.  It adds a night to the trip because I can’t drive for 16 hours straight, but it is so worth the extra drive time. 
One of the stops along the way is the lighthouse in Escanaba.  There is a little stretch of beach there that is convenient for stretching the legs and building a sand mountain and cove.  {When you don’t have any cups or pails for shaping sand castles, you have to improvise, you see.} Ethan was rather proud of this creation.
Sand sculpting in Escanaba, MI
I’m linking up to I Heart Faces’ Summer Fun photo challenge this week.  You can view the other entries by clicking the button below.
iheartfaces button

Comments

Janice K said…
Pretty cool! I can definitely understand not needing the stress of driving through Chicago.
Unknown said…
I love this picture so much. In fact, it might or might not have made me cry.
I will never tell.
Love, Becky (who never ever has a shovel and a pail with her when she needs it...)

Popular Posts