Fix-it Friday #126

So today, I’m supposed to be resting after surgery, but feeling a bit restless.  I’m just not accustomed to napping all day.  And I did that yesterday, so I thought I’d join in the Fix-it Friday assignment at I Heart Faces Community.  Each Friday, a SOOC photo is posted on which the photographers can practice their editing skills. 
126

FIF
Photoshop is such a great tool for making good photos into great photos. All I did was recover some of the highlights, increased the contrast and vibrance just a smidge, and cloned out the part of the bridge sticking up behind his head. I decided to try Velvet Baby, an action from Pure Photoshop Actions which gave the photo a nice soft haze.  Then I cropped and sharpened. Thanks to Angie Arthur for letting us play with your adorable photo this week!

Comments

Laura said…
I love how this turned out!
You made a good photo into a wonderful photo! It seems warmed-up.
Great photo, Adrienne... That little boy is a perfect one to photo.... SO cute!!!!

Take care of yourself and feel better soon.
Hugs,
Betsy
Adrienne Zwart said…
Probably one of the best tips I ever learned from I Heart Faces tutorials was that you can open a jpeg file as a RAW file and fix exposure and white balance to a certain degree. Not all the options are available for jpeg, but a lot are and it can make such a huge difference in the final outcome. Under the File tab, choose Open As, then go down to the File Type box and choose RAW files. Select your photo and the Camera Raw program will open up. Once you've made your adjustments, you click Open Image and it takes it back to Photoshop or Elements depending on the program you are using.
Misty DawnS said…
Thinking of you, my friend. Sending you lots of love through the cyberwaves (((HUGS)))
Tracy said…
awww, so adorable...hope you are on the mend and can find things to do while healing!
Linda said…
Hope you continue to recover.
It is amazing what Photoshop can do. I don't use it (yet), but can see the attraction.
I actually like both of the photos. I hope you heal well from your surgery.
i beati said…
great calendar page

Popular Posts