Look of Surprise

Henry had a birthday a couple of weeks ago, and we celebrated with the family and one of Henry’s buddies. We enjoyed pizza and an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.  He was pretty excited about opening gifts as he had given me a wish list several weeks earlier.   His list wasn’t long, but it was specific.  (Thank goodness for eBay!  Certain Star Wars action figures are not easy to come by.)  His favorite gift of the night was a complete surprise from Grandma and Papa:  a remote-controlled helicopter toy.  I loved the look on his face when he realized what it was. 
boy and his guests surprised by birthday present
Evidently, that helicopter was the gift he never knew he always wanted. ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Awesome photo and a beautiful story!!
heidiannie said…
I love the looks on all their faces!
The best gifts are ones we don't know we wanted.
Unknown said…
Priceless expression...great job capturing it!
Andrea said…
Love it!!! What a great photo! The looks on all their faces is great!
Rachelle said…
Lol! Great pic and love the commentary!
Linda said…
Those are the most perfect 'surprise' faces I've ever seen!
Unknown said…
I love this picture Adrienne! You completely captured excitement and surprise. Anyone can look at this and see the abundant joy. I absolutely love it!
Janice K said…
Picture perfect, I'd say!
Drew said…
That's awesome! My kids had those last Christmas. The helicopters really take a beating considering what my kids put them through. :)
Snap said…
Priceless! Happy Birthday Henry!
I love the looks on their faces! Happy birthday, Henry!
Hi Adrienne, The look on Henry's face is truly priceless. Sounds like he had a great birthday... Happy Birthday, Henry!!!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy
Lona said…
LOL! Priceless.
Anita Johnson said…
So cute and I love your comment...the gift he never knew he always wanted! How fun!
Carletta said…
Henry's face reminds me of the kid from Christmas Story without the glasses. A great candid shot!!
Kerri Farley said…
What an amazing capture! This is a treasure!
The looks on the other children's faces are wonderful as well! fabulous photo!

Popular Posts