September Scenes

We are beginning to see the first flushes of autumn color already.  This is fall, meteorologically-speaking, and I love it!  I love the crisp morning air, the bright blue skies, the colors--golds, reds, oranges, and browns mixed in with the greens.
red maple
Thanks to my daughter forgetting a textbook at home this morning, I had to be out and about before I typically am.  Her school is just minutes away from our local park, so I decided to go for a walk on the walking trail there.  It is about a mile and a half all the way around, and I did the whole thing.  Normally I walk for three miles, but I had my camera along, and it slows me down. :)  That is to say, I slow down to use it.  Today’s walk would be considered more of a meander than exercise.  But I think of it as exercise for my spirit.
bottler park
There were so many things to distract me: flower after dew-covered flower, bluebirds and goldfinches, a spider and his web.  I could have stayed all morning!
goldenrod
We’ve enjoyed blue skies all week.  What has the sky looked like where you live?  If you’d like to share it, you can click on the button below and follow the instructions to link your photo with the rest of the Skywatch participants.
skywatch

Comments

Joe Todd said…
That is an early "fall" tree for Ohio just beautiful
duopastorale said…
I love that autumn feel too. Your photos are great :)
Anya said…
Its here also almost autumn,
I love it its my favorite of the year ;)
Amazing skyshots :)))
Looks like a wonderful walk, Adrienne... Maybe it was good that your daughter left her textbook at home. And it looks like Fall has begun up there. We've had alot of rain this week--so it's nice to see blue skies.

Hugs,
Betsy
heidiannie said…
I love the goldenrod against the turquoise sky! How truly beautiful. I too, love the fall- I've been itching to get some pictures of the bravest and earliest trees to go for that "Autumn" look.
Lona said…
Ewww, I love the picture with the water. How pretty. Those leaves are starting to turn and the Yellow Rod is in all the fields. I love all of the Fall color but do not want the winter to come. Summer has sped by, now if we could get winter to fly by just as fast.
Pretty pictures as usual. Going to the Backwoods Festival tomorrow and I am so excited ;-)
Have a good weekend Adrienne.
eileeninmd said…
I can not believe fall colors so soon! Lovely photos, thanks for sharing.
Valerie said…
Oh ... don't call it Fall yet, it isn't official till Tuesday at 5:18!
I am holding on to the last minute! Even though our summer has been pretty cool here. Fall means winter is soon behind and well, winter is not one of my favorites, I love the snow for a month or so ... I just hate driving in it, and having to be inside most of the time.

But I have to admit I am a bit jealous of some of the beautiful autumn colors many are experiencing and sharing in their blogs. On the way home from school today, I was searching for some change in the trees and I started to get nervous, wondering if it is going to one of those autumns where everything is just yellow and brown. I sure hope not - cause that is one of the reasons I absolutely love Fall. Oranges and reds with yellows - last time we were up in the Adirondaks - myh husband called them God's fireworks!
Plattner Ranch said…
We are just beginning to see faint changes in color in our trees! We can't wait for wiener roast season to arrive ~ in fact, I think it does this afternoon if we have hot dogs on hand ~ I think it is more about fire with the boys though LOL. They wanted to have a wiener roast the other night but it was too late.
Kelly said…
......gorgeous hints of fall. I am seeing them too. Looks like a lovely walk...

Popular Posts