Camera Critters – Fritillaries, Swallowtails, and Skippers, Oh My!

It was a great week for watching butterflies in our flower garden this week. In one afternoon, we spotted one Monarch, two Tiger Swallowtails, one Spicebush Swallowtail, three Cabbage Whites, one Summer Azure, one Red-Spotted Purple, two Great Spangled Fritillaries, one Orange Sulphur and two Pearl Crescents along with a couple varieties of skippers as well.
Great Spangled Frittilary
Great Spangled Frittilary
My daughter and I had a grand time following them around the yard, both snapping away. Today’s post will feature her photos as well as mine. (Isn’t it delightful to see your children enjoying something you really love?)
Tiger Swallowtail photo by Adrienne in Ohio Female Eastern Tiger Swallowtail
Eastern Tiger Swallowtail
Silver-spotted Skipper photo by Adrienne Zwart
Silver-spotted Skipper
And now for Megan’s pics:
Summer Azure photo by Megan Zwart
Summer Azure
orange sulphur photo by Megan Zwart
Orange Sulphur
Pearl Crescent photo by Megan Zwart
Pearl Crescent
Didn't she do a great job? Clicking on the button below will take you to more great animal photos. Have a great weekend everybody!


Comments

Misty DawnS said…
WOW! I wanna come visit you and sit by your flower garden! What a fantastic post. Your daughter did an outstanding job!
Anonymous said…
Both of you did a great job. Gorgeous pics. I would have to agree with you, it is wonderful watching children explore and get excited about something. My daughter and I blog together too. My daughter is pansy so you'll have to check out her blog. She enjoys posting poems and pictures. Good day!
Pam said…
That is wonderful that your daughter is enjoying your hobby also. Both of my kids have become interested in photography. Lovely shots.
Carletta said…
So that's where all the butterflies are - at your house! :)
I haven't seen many.
These are all beautiful and yes, your daughter is a budding photographer.

My post is here: Carletta’s Captures.
Someone said…
beautiful pictures! I love your garden.
Anonymous said…
What a positive hobby for children! It's a great way to help them appreciate our wonderful creation. Very special photos and the butterflies are beautiful!
Regina said…
Stunning and lovely!
Happy weekend.
Snap said…
WOW! What a bonanza!!! Meghan did a great job.
Kelly said…
Wow! You hit the jackpot....and your daughter's photos are fabulous. She's following in your footsteps! I'd love to see a Summer Azure--such a beautiful photo.
Mimi said…
Wow, amazing work!
Anonymous said…
Just wonderful! Thanks for sharing.
Anya said…
Your daughter is talented just like her Mom :)
Lovely pictures from flowers,
beautiful butterflies !!!
Anna said…
Beautiful! Great shots from both you and Megan. I saw one butterfly this week, but it wasn't holding still.
DeniseinVA said…
Hi Adrienne, you've got a lovely collection of butterfly pictures. Great captures all of them. I wonder when you have the time if you could pop over to my post and look at the butterfly with the tattered wing? I was trying to identify him but really don't know too much about butterflies.
Cathy said…
Such beautiful butterflies and flowers!!!! Great pictures from both of you! -Cathy
Fabulous photos of the butterflies, Adrienne.. Love your photos and all of the colors...

We're home from a great vacation.. I'll post in the morning.
Hugs,
Betsy
P.S. I'm going to check out your new blog.
mimi said…
what a lovely colors of butterflies. great post.
Coy Hill said…
Wow, what a great bag of butterflies!

I think the two of you photographed more butterflies in one day than I have seen all summer. It certainly is wonderful that you can pass your passion on to your daughter. A day like this makes good memories that your daughter will carry with her all of her life.
Maria Berg said…
Love butterflies and the nature on the post under I really like, MB
Adrienne Zwart said…
Correction: The black butterfly is actually the black morph of the Eastern Tiger Swallowtail.

Popular Posts