August Sky

August is typically our hottest month here in Ohio.  Our morning skies frequently start out cloudless blue, but by early afternoon as the moisture in the air condenses, our skies begin to fill with these puffy clouds. 
sky over highway by adrienne in ohio
These are the best days for lounging in the grass and finding lambs and dogs and sailboats and even cartoon characters up in the fluffy masses.  It’s a great way to exercise the imagination!
 august sky
To view even more skies from around the world, check out Skywatch Friday.

Comments

Gwendolyn L said…
Clouds are so much fun to photograph. They are always changing. Great job. Thanks for sharing.
Anonymous said…
Great photos! Thanks for sharing.
Anonymous said…
I love the big fluffy clouds too. It is amazing what different eyes see in them!
Take care and Happy SWF!!
Rune Eide said…
I fell for that first one - the road is disappearing into the sky!
Adrienne: Those were neat clouds to show for SWF. It has been a Summer filled with moisture.
Anonymous said…
simply beautifully captured shots....lovely!
Maria Berg said…
I like the sky here, the last one. And thank you for letting me know a page where I can find my insects to.

I like you blog, I think I put it in my list.
Maria Berg, MB
Unknown said…
This summer has had the prettiest skies. I just love them so much. I can't get over how pretty the skies are! Sometimes I stop the car while we are driving to look. The kids get so annoyed about that : )
SandyCarlson said…
Funny, but your skies make me think of Dutch masterpieces--where there is so much less land and more water. Love these giant clouds.

Popular Posts