Hibiscus – Today’s Flower

pink hibiscus flower
Hibiscus--Tropics room of Franklin Park Conservatory
I loved the ruffled edges of this pink Hibiscus. I am not sure what species it is since I could not find a marker nearby.  There are many species of this beautiful flower, all members of the mallow family.
I have two potted hibiscus that I over-wintered indoors.  The flowers attract hummingbirds, and the foliage is a lush, dark green.  The weather here has been warm enough to put them outside for a few hours, but it will be several more weeks before I can leave them out on the deck for the season.  I am really, really hoping they will bloom again for me.  (I’ve never been great with houseplants, and so I am more than a little surprised that the bushes survived the winter.)
flower badge2

Comments

Unknown said…
Ruffled edges of a hibiscus. That just sounds so pretty : ) And it looks pretty too!
Adrienne: That is a neat flower and a beautiful capture.
DeniseinVA said…
What a fabulous Hibiscus Adrienne. It's just about perfect. Thanks for sharing and have a great week.
I am not much on inside plants either, Adrienne. This past winter I kept a couple of my Impatiens pots in the house... They looked great all winter. Once spring came and I took them out, they started looking horrible. Not sure what happened ---but I guess they were shocked to come outside.....

Your hibiscus bloom is gorgeous... Love it!!! Hope it does bloom again for you.

How's Hubby?
Hugs,
Betsy
Deejbrown said…
I would like to sleep in there.
Carletta said…
A beautiful macro Adrienne!
I can hardly wait for my Rose of Sharon bushes to bloom.

I have to tell you I showed my Hubby your kitty pic below - he smiled from ear to ear. We are kitty lovers. :)
Bradley Hsi said…
You are very good already that have been able to keep them alive indoor through the winter. The flower is so pretty. Good luck!
Glad to find your posts. I too garden in Ohio. Always nice to meet a neighbor - I'm In Dayton.Please visit my blog. Nothing is more rewarding than seeing another Spring. Enjoy yours. http://gardeningnaturallywithclaudia.blogspot.com
Lona said…
Hi Adrienne. What a beautiful shot of a gorgeous hibiscus bloom.That one was not in bloom while I was there or I missed it. There was so much to see there and I enjoyed the Conservatory so much. Would love to be there now for the butterfly displays.
Linda said…
How very lovely, especially with the pearls of dew or rain.

Popular Posts